1) Are you a basic scrapbooker? Basic Grey that is!? Oooh...I love all things Basic, and their June Newsletter has some fabulous inspiration and ideas, geared specially for weddings using their stunning Capella line. So lovely! And don't miss the Basic Sketch by Kelly Goree. All in all it's a great weekend read.
2) Father's Day is next Sunday! If you have some time this weekend, why not create a special card just for him? Scrapbooks etc. has some cool original ideas.
3) One of my favorite digital designers Crystal Wilkerson has recently had her designs made into a traditional scrapbook supply collection called "Sweet Summertime" by Echo Park.
I love this collection and since the shipping to Canada was expensive, I opted to buy the digi version instead! (I love the little banners and the tree!) Crystal and her friend Kristina Proffitt also design blogs and share freebies in the same fun whimsical style. Visit Kristina's blog for some free word art created for the Cards for Kids drive. You can download it, print it out and use it on a variety of cards. So cute!
4) The Scrapbook & Cards Today blog has great tutorials every week. This week find out how to glitz up your plain die cuts. While you're there, make sure to download your free copy of the Spring 2010 Magazine if you haven't already. And make sure to enter for your chance to win the Friday Freebie of some Quickutz Dies!
5) Summer is just around the corner and every year Stacy Julian has great ideas on how to organize her family of five AND have a great time doing it. This year she is planning to create 7 mini-albums all about favorite things from this summer. Super cool idea. I don't know how she does it! (PS...if you don't have a CTMH consultant and you want to order the mini-albums Stacy is using, please visit my friend and Calgary Crops colleague CARLA's CTMH site to order!)
Speaking of Summer, yesterday I mentioned that I was finalizing plans for our SMS Summer project and told you you'd have to wait until Monday for all the details. But just to give you a little hint, it's a scrap-a-thon...a Summer Scrap-A-Thon! Yes...we'll be scrapping all summer long, with lots of prizes and great inspiration! Watch for details next week and get ready to join in starting the first day of Summer...June 21st!
Oh yeah...it's gonna be a great summer! Have a great weekend!