This easy to make card is a nice way to include a few pictures and information along with your seasonal greeting.
All you need to make it is a 12 x 12 sheet of DOUBLE SIDED paper, a few scraps of solid paper and a piece of ribbon. Let's make it:
1) Use a scoring blade in your paper cutter or an embossing tool or stylus to score the entire length of the paper at 4 inches and 8 inches. Turn your paper a quarter turn and do the same. Your paper should look like you have divided it into nine 4 x 4 squares.
2) Cut away the top two outer "squares" and just 2 inches off the bottom two outer squares. Fold up the two remaining 2 inch pieces on either side. These will make two inner pockets.
3) If you like, you can cut a decorative edge along the top of what will be the pocket using decorative scissors or cutting blade.
4) Use adhesive along just the outer edges of these pieces, fold up and secure to make the pockets.
5) Trim a decorative shape on the front flap. I chose to make a circle shape, but you could also cut this into a "V" or other shape. I used Creative Memories Circle cutter to trim the circle shape.
6) Now that we are finished the card base we can decorate it. First I added a 2 x 4 inch strip of black paper across the front flap.
7) Then I used a circle punch to cut out several circle shapes from the leftovers pieces of paper I trimmed from the original 12 x 12 paper. You could also use any embellishments that would coordinate with the paper you chose.
8)Add your photos inside the card. I matted two small photos on tags to place in the pockets. These are fun to pull out and look at more closely. You could also write some journaling on the back of these pull-outs. I then added a photo to the centre piece of the card...again I matted it and left room at the bottom to write a caption. I only added three photos, but you could add them to any of the inside or outside flaps of this card. You could also add journaling, seasonal wishes etc. Consider stamping or handwriting these. Add a few of your embellishments through out the card.
9) Now we'll add a ribbon closure. (If you are mailing this card you would want to use an envelope instead...you would need to find or make a 4.5 x 4.5 square envelope to fit this card.) Glue a piece of ribbon along the centre back of the card while it is folded. Leave the ends unattached.
10) Finish off the front of the card with a greeting and embellishment.
11) Tie the ribbon across the front of the card. So cute!
If you make one of these cards, don't forget to post it on your blog or on an online photo sharing site life Flickr and send us a link to it in the comments below!
Tomorrow is Day 12 - the last day of our 12 projects! I have a joyful idea to share with you to close out the series!